BARNES attaches the greatest importance to the ethics of real estate business. Our ethical requirements are at the core of our service and we believe that respecting them is responding to the reliance our clients entrust us with.
In this regard, BARNES places the code of ethics of its activities of transaction and real estate management, derived from decree n°2015-1090 of 28 August 2015, as a key element of its general operations and ethics. BARNES is attached to the community culture shared with its colleagues working in the same spirit.
BARNES guarantees its collaborators’ professionalism and integrity and carefully monitors the implementation of this charter by all its teams and its offices.
Conformity to the law : strict compliance to the legislative and normative framework
BARNES certifies that all the missions undertaken in its name strictly comply to the requirements set by Law Hoguet and all laws, rules and regulations applicable to its activity and commits to keep up to date with the evolutions of the normative and legislative framework and to have them strictly enforced.
Principle of non-discrimination and of neutrality
We serve all our clients with equal care, without any discrimination whatsoever.
Obligation of confidentiality and mutual professional respect
Our BARNES collaborators commit to the highest professional discretion and deserve the confidence our clients entrust in them. No personal information may be disclosed outside our professional network.
Principle of independence and refusal of the conflict of interest
BARNES guarantees that none of its collaborators holds any direct or indirect interest in the companies that BARNES is under contract with in name of its clients. In total independence, these offer the contracts best able to meet our clients’ requests.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW AND PRINCIPLE OF TRANSPARENCY : our rules
Compliance with the legal and administrative framework
BARNES guarantees that its activity fully fulfils legal obligations : all offices hold a T card, a professional liability insurance coverage and the financial guarantees.
The principle of transparency at the heart of our commercial procedures
BARNES guarantees its clients the greatest possible transparency within the area of its missions, including clear reports, information about the fees and perfectly legible and comprehensible contracts : our mandates are Tissot-approved, which is a guarantee of transparency.
REQUIREMENTS OF TRADE ETHICS : our commitments
For many years now, BARNES has been developing a unique concept adapted to top range real estate which relies upon :
- a “multi-country/multi-trade” integrated organization where the 400 collaborators work from a centralized file offering our clients a tailor-made, efficient, coherent service in all our offices. BARNES may thus successfully meet all types of local or extra-local real estate projects from our clients.
- a strong image due to an innovative marketing policy and a communication present in the leading medias of each country where BARNES is located.
BARNES has established with ’Ecole Internationale de la Transaction Immobilière (the International School of Property Transaction) a compulsory training for all its collaborators, to constantly enhance their knowledge, expertise and to train them to the market developments and changes in the law.
SCRUPULOUS COMPLIANCE TO NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO THE PREVENTION OF MONEY LAUNDERING .
- To ensure that the customer(s) identification obligation before any business relationship is respected.
- To exercise a duty of care which will have to be enhanced in the event of an unusual business relationship.
- To comply with the requirements of national and international rules and regulations. (*)
- To refuse any business relationship whenever transparency, comprehensible origin (or distinction) of the funds used to finance the transaction, are not guaranteed.
- Complete prohibition of any business relation with a clientele from the countries “listed” as non cooperative. (**)
- Compulsory transmission to BARNES Compliance Branch of any information in the event of suspicions.
IN RETURN, BARNES COMMITS
- To reinforce its outreach, information and advisory “tools”.
- To establish a cartography of “customer”, “country” risks and of “complex legal and financial arrangements”.
- To report the declarations of suspicious transactions to TRACFIN.
(*) IV UE directive of May 2015 - Law of 30 September 2015 - CAFI recommendations